BS in Clinical Dietetics from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX; BS in Biology from University of Texas Dallas, cum laude
Registered Dietitian/Certified Diabetes Education
Personal Interest in Nutrition
A successful businesswoman, Martha came to dietetics as a second career to pursue her combined interest of nutrition and business.
Areas of Expertise
Diabetes, weight management, corporate wellness, media outreach to the Hispanic community
- President, Dallas Dietetic Association.
- Publications: The Effect of Amino Acids on Butterfly Fecundity, UA LR, 1997
- 2007-2008 “Feria de Salud” Dietitian for Kraft Foods
- 2009-2010 Texas Beef Council Spokesperson to the Latino community
- Co-Founder of Salud Total Diabetes Institute, a clinic-based, ADA approved Diabetes Self Management Training program in south Dallas
- Lanza, Janet, Michael D. Warriner, Maurice G. Kleve, and Martha McHenry*. 1997. The physiological effects of nectar-borne amino acids on cabbage white butterflies (Pieris rapae) fecundity. Invited symposium presentation. Entomological Society of America. Nashville, Tennessee