Beets, Rutabagas, Carrots, Turnips – they are all in season and yummy. These veggies were featured by Food Writer Kim Pierce in the Dallas Morning News today. If you haven’t tried roasting these veggies – now is the time!! Scrub, rinse, slice and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper (She likes sea salt and I like kosher salt) then roast at 400 degrees until brown and caramelized. This probably takes 20 minutes but keep an eye on them! A note from Kim – If you roast the beets with the other veggies, everything turns pink so roast them separately.
For more information and links to some recipes on winter vegetables, click here.
Ready to learn more about nutrition? Come see a PNT Registered Dietitian – call 972-238-1811 today!
- beets (yawacooks.wordpress.com)
- Beets a versatile, colorful winter vegetable (courierpress.com)
- Warm Kale and Roasted Beet Salad (greenster.com)
- Winter Salads – Honey-Roasted Root Vegetable And Arugula Salad (romancingthebee.com)
- 10 Expert-Recommended Winter Fruits and Vegetables (washingtonian.com)
- Roasted Parsnips With Thyme (putneyfarm.com)