WARM CHICKEN & TOMATO SALAD W/ HAZELNUT DRESSING (Serve 2)
1. EVOO 1 T
1. Hazelnut Oil ½ T
1. Apple Cider Vinegar ½ T
1. Garlic Clove, Crushed ½ ea.
1. Herbs, Fresh, Mixed, Chpd. 1 T
2. Baby Spinach, Trimmed of Stalks 4 oz.
2. Cherry Tomatoes, Halved 5 oz.
2. Scallions, Bunch, Chpd. ½ ea.
3. Chicken Breasts, Cut into Strips or Triangles 7 oz.
4. Pepper TT
MIP: SAUTÉ PAN/LARGE & SMALL BOWL
- WHISK TOGETHER 1’s & RESERVE
- COMBINE 2’s IN LARGE BOWL
- STIR FRY CHICKEN UNTIL COOKED (7 MIN)
SERVE: SALAD, CHICKEN PIECES, DRESSING, PEPPER SEASONING
Cal 220, Fat 12g (Sat 2g), Carb 7g, Protein 20g, Chol 50mg, Sodium 530mg/Serving
If this is your first visit to this site it might help to know what the symbols mean. “EVOO” means Extra Virgin Olive Oil, “TT” means “To Taste,” “AN” means “As Needed,” “+” means “Teaspoon,” “T” means “Tablespoon” and “G” means Garnish. MIP is an abbreviation for the French phrase mise en place which means to “to put in place” or to have at hand those things you need to prepare the recipe.
The recipes in this series also use a unique numerical system, which I have devised, that speeds things up. Every ingredient is listed in the order it is to be used. If to be used together, they all have the same number. With experience only these numbers are necessary to master the recipe. It’s quick and easy. Try it!