Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies.
You can cook Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar plus some for coating.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour/maida.
- It's 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of oats.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped dates.
Healthy Oatmeal Date Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Centigrade. Gather all the ingredients..
- In a large bowl, mix oil, vanilla, sugar and egg..
- Beat well with a hand beater till well mixed..
- Stir in the flours, soda and salt..
- Add the oats and chopped dates..
- Gently, mix with a spoon or better yet with clean hands (nature’s best tool!!) to form a smooth dough..
- Place some granulated sugar in a bowl. Make small balls of the dough and roll in the sugar..
- Place the rolled dough about 2 inches apart on a lightly greased pan. Press each ball flat..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes till slightly golden..
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks..
- Bite into heavenly, chewy healthy oatmeal date cookies and enjoy them with your evening chai/coffee!! Store leftovers in airtight containers. Enjoy!!!.
- For an eggless version, substitute the single egg with a flax seed substitute. Just soak 1 tbsp flax seed powder in 3 tbsp of water for about 5 minutes and then use in the place of egg. #oats.