Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal, Dates And Assorted Nuts Energy Bars.
You can have Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal, Dates And Assorted Nuts Energy Bars using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal, Dates And Assorted Nuts Energy Bars
- It's 1 1/2 cups of Rolled oats.
- It's 1 packed cup of Pitted dates.
- It's 1/4 cup of Good quality honey (or agave syrup).
- It's 1/4 cup of Creamy peanut butter (or almond/ cashew butter).
- You need 1 cup of Raw or toasted mixed nuts (I used almonds, pistachios and pecans).
Healthy No-Bake Oatmeal, Dates And Assorted Nuts Energy Bars instructions
- Chop the assorted nuts and keep aside..
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (this may take about 1 minute or so). It should form a “dough” like consistency and will roll into a ball..
- Dry roast or toast the rolled oats in a non-stick pan for a few minutes until the color has change to a light brown. Take care not to burn the oats..
- Place the oats, chopped nuts and dates in a bowl and set aside..
- In a small saucepan, warm honey and peanut butter over low heat. Stir and pour over the oats mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates till well combined..
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a dish/ pan lined with aluminium foil/ parchment paper so they lift out easily. Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with aluminium foil/ parchment paper or plastic wrap, and let it set in the refrigerator or freezer for 25 to 30 minutes to harden..
- Remove the set bar from the dish and chop into even bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These stay well..
- I used home-made peanut butter and not store-bought to make it a completely healthy snack free of any preservatives. But you could use store-bought ones too..