Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
They're super nutritious and make a great snack or even. Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter and coconut sugar. Whereas traditional recipes usually call for a full stick (or more. You can have Healthy oatmeal cookies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- It's 1 cup of oats.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- It's 1/3 cup of milk.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It's 1/4 of of a banana.
The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there's some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a treat. Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. Oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies made a whole lot healthier with no flour, no butter, very little sugar, and healthy fats such as coconut oil and dark chocolate.
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 1/4 of a banana, mash it, and set it aside.
- Mix peanut butter, oats and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the banana to the oat mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Butter your fingers (so that the mixture doesn't stick to your hands) and take some of the mixture and put it on the foil and flatten it out and do it till you're out of mixture. Put the sheet in the oven!.
- OR!! You can shape them as a normal cookie and put them in the freezer. They need an hour and then you can take them and set them on the counter. (I like them fresh out of the freezer for a frozen treat for the summer).
- Side note: You can add dark chocolate chips, raisins or even nuts if you're feeling it! You DONT have to bake it! You DONT have to flatten them out, you could just press on the ball of dough a little, if you prefer a thick cookie! Enjoy!.
These healthy oatmeal cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar or oil, but are packed with fiber! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack! These healthy oatmeal cookies feature bananas, sunflower seeds, raisins, and coconut. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Energy BallsBeaming Baker. Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast CookiesFamily Fresh Meals.