Moong daal khichdi. Moong Dal Khichdi is a complete meal in itself. Made with rice and lentils, khichdi is Khichdi is made in different ways in different parts of the country. Moong Dal Khichdi recipe is a rice dish made with yellow moong dal also called as green gram.
Follow the simple steps to make khichdi with indian food channel. Yellow Moong daal Khichdi- Khichdi or Khichuri is a comfort food or food for soul. So easy to prepare and very good for digestion. You can have Moong daal khichdi using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moong daal khichdi
- You need 1 1/2 cup of long-grain white rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- It's 1/2 cup of yellow split moong beans soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 tablespoons of ghee.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It's 2 of whole cloves.
- It's 2 of green chillies.
- It's 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's to taste of salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
Khichdi is made with the combination of rice and lentil. There are so. moong dal khichdi is very popular as a comfort food. Moong dal khichdi is a very basic and healthy food. Every house hold has their own recipe for khichdi.
Moong daal khichdi step by step
- Heat oil and ghee in a large pan. Add the garam masala, onion and green chilli and fry till the onion turns translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute..
- Next add in the turmeric powder, salt and 4 cups of water. Be careful with the water as we do not want soggy rice. You can add in more water if necessary depending upon the quality of your rice..
- Bring the water to a boil and add in the mint leaves and soaked rice. When the water starts boiling again, add the moong dal..
- Cook on high heat till water is reduced and rice has puffed..
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, wait for 10 more minutes before serving hot..
- Serve with homemade pickle..
At my home khichdi was made with split moong dal and rice. Moong Daal Khichdi is no exception. You can add or change it with different spices if you so wish. However, basic combination works just as well if you make it simple spices. Chilka Moong dal Khichdi is very soft and tasty recipe and also very soothing and light recipe This Chilka Moong dal Khichdi can be made with the combination of almost every daal i.e moong daal.