Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot). This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. We load ours up with more protein by adding black beans, vegetables (corn! bell peppers! onion!) and flavor with canned fire-roasted tomatoes, which we love for their smokiness. A quick, no-fuss version of chicken tortilla soup!
All Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. Scarf some now, stock your freezer for later, or feel free to halve the recipe for a smaller amount of soup. Easy slow cooker meal Chicken Tortilla Soup. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot)
- It's 1 lb of Chicken, shredded.
- Prepare 1 can of Whole Peeked Tomatoes (15 oz.), drained 1/2 way.
- It's 1 can of Enchilada Sauce (10 oz.).
- It's 1 medium of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of Green Chiles, (4 oz.) chopped.
- You need 2 cup of Water.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can of Chicken Broth (14.5 oz.).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Blasck Pepoer.
- Prepare 1 loaf of Bay.
- It's 1 tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- It's 10 oz of Corn, whole frozen.
- Prepare 1 can of Refried Beans, (30 oz.) or 2 Cans Black Beand.
- Prepare 1 dash of Cayenne Pepper.
I don't just love cooking in my crock pot during the cold months - although this is when I use it most often. I love using my slow cooker during all the crazy busy months, which always fall during the fall and winter with sports for all five of our kids. Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is the best comfort food and it's so simple to make in the slow cooker. Your crock pot does all the work and dinner will be ready and waiting.
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Crock Pot) instructions
- Saute Onions and Garlic..
- Add all other ingredients to pot, bring to a boil. Let simmer for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally. Test taste for flavor, add spices according to your pallet..
- I puree peeled tomatoes, onion and chilie in a blender, then add it to the pot..
- While soup is simmering, melt butter, brush butter over a flour tortilla on a round stone or pizza pan (a cookie sheet will work if thou don't have anything else), lightly sprinkle with salt, cut into strips. Bake in a 450 oven for 10 minutes or until strips are lightly golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with Chopped Cilantro, Sour Cream, Shredded Chesse , Avocado and Tortilla Strips..
- This can also be made in Crock Pot..
Check out this video to learn how to make this Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe! Super-easy and delicious, this crock pot chicken tortilla soup is the perfect healthy hearty soup. This Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a yummy easy weeknight dinner idea to feed your busy family. The other day we had a our first real snow storm of the season and it was the perfect day to make one of our favorite Crock Pot Dinners…Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a recipe originally given to us by Melissa Weaver, one of our readers.