steak pie. A steak pie is a traditional meat pie served in Britain. It is made from stewing steak and beef gravy, enclosed in a pastry shell. Sometimes mixed vegetables are included in the filling.
Delicious, warming and hearty steak pie uses inexpensive cuts of beef cooked slowly to complete tenderness. We have steak pie recipes with flaky, puff or shortcrust pastry to choose from. Steak & Ale pie is amazing and this video shows you how to make a steak and ale pie. You can cook steak pie using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of steak pie
- It's 600 grams of sirloin steak diced.
- You need 125 grams of seasoned flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of fresh parsley chopped.
- It's 1 liter of of beef stock.
- It's 1 of packet of pre-rolled short crust pastry.
- You need 1 small of egg beaten.
- It's 6 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 large of onions peeled and chopped.
This steak and ale pie recipe is gonna blow your minds because it has. Steak pie is one of Britain's classic savoury dishes. You cant beat this rich, meaty and delicious homemade steak pie, filled with slow cooked beef and potatoes it's the ultimate comfort food. Steak pie is a traditional British dish consisting of a pastry shell filled with stewed steak, gravy, and various vegetables, depending on personal preferences.
steak pie instructions
- medium saucepan with a lid oven proof, knife, spoone, pastry brush..
- flour the meat sprinkle flour over the meat mix in well hands.
- preheat the oven to 200oc/400of gas mark 5 or 6.
- cook the meat, once Browned add the beef stock and add salt and pepper stir well and cover with a lid, turn down the heat to simmer cook for.
- fry the meat,heat the saucepan with veg oil on a medium heat. add onions and meat stir in well and allow to Brown for 3/5 mins.
- cook the meat once browned add the beef stock add salt and pepper stir in well and cover with a lid, turn the heat down to simmer. cook for 30mins on a low heat.
- transfer go a oven proof dish once the meat is cooked remove from stove and add fresh parsly then pour into a oven proof and spread evenly.
- lay the pastry, unroll the pastry and lay it over the dish push down the pastry with finger tips it is known as crimping then with a sharp knift cut away the excess pastry then coat the pastry with the beaten egg.
- bake, place the pie in the middle of the oven and bake for 20/30 mins.
- remove and serve, when golden brown remove from the oven and serve when still hot, why not serve with new potatoes and vegetables.
Looking for a go-to steak pie recipe that'll please the entire family? Find stacks of hearty recipes, from steak and kidney to steak and ale. Be sure to check out our entire pie collection for more ideas. Beef Steak Pie is an old recipe for a rich, meaty steak and mushroom pie recipe that gives a taste of history and is super comforting for cold weather days! This golden steak pie is packed with slow-cooked beef and tender vegetables, and makes a hearty Sunday lunch or the centrepiece of a Hogmanay meal.