Achari Chana Pulao (Pickled Garbanzo Rice) #Np #post1.
You can cook Achari Chana Pulao (Pickled Garbanzo Rice) #Np #post1 using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Achari Chana Pulao (Pickled Garbanzo Rice) #Np #post1
- It's of Basmati Rice - 2 cups (soaked for 30 minutes).
- You need of Boiled Chick peas - 1 cup (you have to soak overnight and boil them).
- You need 1 cup of Finely sliced onions.
- It's 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of Ghee or butter.
- You need 2 pinch of Asafoetida.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Kalonji or onion seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- You need of Green chilly -2 (slit it in centre).
- Prepare of Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp for garnishing.
- It's of For paste-.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Curd.
- It's of Mustard powder - 1/2 tsp (put the whole mustard in mixer and make it into powder).
- Prepare of Pickle Masala -2 tbsp (any brand or home made).
- It's 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Chilli powder - 1 tsp (Or you can use according to your taste).
- It's 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- It's to taste of Salt.
Achari Chana Pulao (Pickled Garbanzo Rice) #Np #post1 step by step
- 1) Take a pan and add some ghee and oil, When it gets hot, add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add fennel seeds, kalonji, cumin, fenugreek seeds and fry till you get a nice aroma..
- 2) Add sliced onions and sauté the onions are transparent, then add green chillies, asafoetida and ginger garlic paste, cook well until the raw flavours are gone.Add chick peas or garbanzo beans and cook in this masala..
- 3) In a separate bowl take curd, add mustard powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, pickle masala, garam masala, salt and mix well. Mix this curd spice into the channa masala and mix well. Cook till oil starts coming out..
- 4) Add the soaked basmati rice (soak rice for at least 30 minutes and drain the water off). Spread the rice evenly over the channa masala, don't mix (just place the rice on the masala)..
- 5) Pour water slowly over the rice and check for salt, sprinkle coriander leaves Cover the pan with a lid and cook over slow flame till the rice is cooked and done. Once done then mix well. Now Achari Chana Pulao is ready to eat. Enjoy with Raita:).