Japchae. Japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Find out how to make authentic, delicious japchae with this time Japchae (Stir-Fried Starch Noodles with Beef and Vegetables). Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms.
It typically requires meat and vegetables (unless. Japchae is a simple Korean noodle dish packed with a rainbow of vegetables and steak. Our japchae recipe is an easy, delicious dish that's also gluten-free! You can have Japchae using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japchae
- Prepare 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle, Dangmyun.
- You need of Meat/protein.
- You need of Sirloin, chuck, short ribs, or tri-tip beef.
- It's of Shrimp.
- You need of Pork patty.
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs.
- It's of Veggies.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It's 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 5 of shiitake mushroom (optional).
- You need 1 bag of spinach (optional).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need of sesame oil.
- You need of sesame seed.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Rice wine (optional).
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- You need of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
Vegan Japchae recipe using glass noodles and tofu is a delicious gluten free, vegetable packed dish ready in under It's popular for good reason, Japchae uses glass noodles made from sweet potatoes. Japchae is a classic Korean Glass Noodle dish that is served as a side dish or appetizer. Japchae is a very popular Korean glass noodle side dish that's made with vegetables and also sometimes meat. Japchae, this easy Korean noodle stir-fry recipe, is quick and easy to make, it's full of veggies (red peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, spinach).
Japchae step by step
- To prepare the noodle: 1)Boil 1 bag of Korean sweet potato noodle in a big pot for about 15 min or until it gets soft. 2)Drain the noodles and put in a big bowl..
- To prepare the meat: 1)Peel the shrimp and slice the beef and pork patty into long thin strips and put it in a bowl. 2)In the same bowl, add 1 clove of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, and 1/2 tablespoon of rice wine. 3)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and stir fry the mixture..
- To prepare the eggs: 1)Lightly beat 2-3 eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. 2)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into a pan. 3)Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook. 4)Cut the egg into thin strips and set aside in a plate..
- To prepare the vegetables: 1)Boil 1 bag of spinach with 1 teaspoon of salt in a pot for 10s. Then Remove spinach from pot, rinse with cold water and squeeze to drain out the excess water. Put aside on a plate. 2)cut 1/2 onion into thin slices, cut 1 red and yellow bell pepper into thin slices, and cut the 5 shiitake mushroom into thin slices. 3)Shred one large carrot.
- 4)Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to a pan and stir fry the sliced onion with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate with the eggs. 5)Using the same pan, add 1 teaspoons of oil, stir fry the shredded carrots with a pinch of salt and put aside on the same plate. 6)Add 1 teaspoon of oil into a pan, stir fry the thin slices of bell pepper with a pinch of salt and put to aside on the same plate. 7)Stir fry shiitake mushroom without salt and oil. Put to aside on the same plate..
- To prepare the sauce: 1)Mix 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of sugar or honey, 2 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of sesame seed, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a cup..
- 1)Add 2 tablespoon of sesame oil into the big bowl of noodle. 2)Add 2/3 of the sauce into the noodles and mix. 3)Pour the noodle on the plate with the cooked vegetables and egg. 4)Add the cooked meat. 5)Add the rest of the sauce and mix. 6)Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and mix..
Make japchae if you want a comforting and nutritionally balanced meal. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Japchae is a beloved Korean dish made of sweet potato starch noodle called Dangmyeon. The process involved in preparing traditional Japchae means each of the ingredients will have to be stir. Flavorful and exquisite Japchae is made of sweet potato noodles, julienne vegetables, and sliced beef tossed in a Korean soy Japchae 잡채 (Korean Stir Fried Noodles).