Chicken carbonara penne pasta. The penne maintains its shape and texture after cooking and catches the light coating of custard sauce in the ridges. The chicken, peas, and bacon are mixed with the pasta then garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and parsley. This chicken carbonara penne pasta is going to be a new mealtime favorite!
Indulgent comfort food at it's finest. An Italian pasta dish made with cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese, bacon and peas. Possibly the best pasta dish on EARTH! You can have Chicken carbonara penne pasta using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken carbonara penne pasta
- You need 2 of Chicken breasts.
- It's 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It's 12 oz of penne pasta.
- It's 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 1/2 cup of sweet corn/green peas.
- Prepare of parsley (for garish).
The reviews for this recipe have been UNREAL!! Amazing flavor & pure Italian comfort food! You NEED this recipe in your back pocket. A comforting classic Italian one-pan chicken carbonara penne pasta recipe.
Chicken carbonara penne pasta step by step
- Mix salt pepper and paprika and season both sides of chicken breasts. Dice bacon and mince garlic..
- Preheat cast iron skillet on high flame, reduce to medium flame then add oil.
- Cook both sides of the chicken until done. An internal temperature of 165F is ideal..
- Cook the bacon until crispy then add garlic and cook until fragrant..
- Remove the bacon, garlic and bacon grease from the pan..
- Add the water to the pan and cook pasta on medium flame for 10 minutes. Then reduce to a low flame..
- Combine the two eggs and parmesan cheese then immediately add to the pasta. Ensure to constantly stir to evenly coat pasta with the sauce and to prevent it from clumping/scrambling..
- While stirring, add chicken, bacon and garlic, and sweet corn or green peas. Garnish with parsley and serve hot..
Tender penne tossed in a delicious parmesan sauce with bacon and peas. __ ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️. Transfer the pasta straight from the water to the pan with the pancetta and add in a good splash of the pasta water and the cooked chicken. Add the egg mixture in a stream whilst lifting and lowering the pasta with tongs - until fully combined. Divide between bowls and sprinkle on Parmesan and black pepper before serving. Heat a large saute pan, until hot.