You can have Masoor Pulao using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Masoor Pulao
- You need 1 cup of whole Masoor.
- It's 1 cup of rice soaked for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare 5 tbs. of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion sliced.
- You need 1 tbs. of ginger (Adrak) paste.
- It's 1 tbs. of garlic (Lehsan) paste.
- You need 1 tsp. of whole cumin seeds (Zeera).
- It's 6 of black pepper (Kali Mirch).
- Prepare 6 cloves of (Laung).
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom (Bari Elaichi).
- You need 1/2 inch of piece of cinnamon (Dalchini).
- It's 1 tsp. of salt (according to taste.
Masoor Pulao instructions
- Add about 3 cups of water and boil till the Masoor becomes tender but does not break apart. Drain and keep aside..
- In another pan, heat the oil and add the onions. Sauté till it starts to turn brown..
- Add the Ginger (Adrak), Garlic (Lehsan), Cumin Seeds (Zeera)), Black Peppercorn. (Kali Mirch)), Clove (Laung), Elaichi, cinnamon and salt along with ½ cup of water. Mix well and allow the water to dry..
- Add the boiled masoor and presoaked rice. Add water so that it reaches about a 1½ cm above the level of the rice and masoor...
- Cover and cook till water dries and the rice and masoor are tender. Reduce heat to the minimum, cook in their own steam (dum) for another 5 minutes and remove. Serve with chutney or Mint raita 😘😘.