Paleo sweet potato hash with crust-less veggie quiche. With a crust of shredded sweet potato and a filling of garlic, spinach and bacon, this quiche won't make it long. It's basically a perfect Paleo Meanwhile, use a food processor to shred one large sweet potato. You could use a box grater instead, but it'll take a little longer.
Prepare this paleo quiche for breakfast or dinner and take any leftovers that remain with you for lunch. This recipe is definitely quick and Although I prepared this paleo quiche for brunch, it would definitely make for a satisfying dinner. That's right, this sweet potato crust quiche is gluten and grain-free making this vegetarian breakfast protein and veggie packed. You can have Paleo sweet potato hash with crust-less veggie quiche using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paleo sweet potato hash with crust-less veggie quiche
- Prepare of hash.
- Prepare 1 large of sweet potato - diced small.
- You need 1/2 small of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper (I like to use 1/2 yellow pepper and 1/2 green for color).
- It's 2 clove of garlic -minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 4 oz of stake or left over pot roast or other left over meats chopped coarsely.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper (or to taste).
- You need 1 dash of cayenne.
- You need of Quiche.
- Prepare 1/2 small of zucchini and yellow squash grated.
- You need 1 small of carrot grated.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It's 1 dash of nutmeg.
- It's 2/3 cup of coconut milk.
- It's 3 of eggs.
The trick to this crust is actually ringing out as much moisture as possible from the sweet potatoes so that it can bake a little bit before the rest of the ingredients get. A sweet potato crust filled with eggs, bacon, and plenty of vegetables - try it for breakfast or for dinner. We've already featured a quiche using spaghetti squash as a very light and summery-flavored crust, but here the sweet potatoes take it into the realm of cold-weather farmhouse. Red potatoes and sweet potatoes will also work!
Paleo sweet potato hash with crust-less veggie quiche step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grate veggies add salt let sit for 10 mins. Come back and squeeze all water from veggies. You want them dry as possible..
- Saute sweet potatoes, onions and garlic in coconut oil until potatoes are soft. Turn off and let rest..
- Chop meats to be used in hash. Set aside..
- Whip eggs and coconut milk together add spices..
- Add grated veggies to egg mixture and pour into non-stick pie pan. Slide into oven let bake until puffy and golden brown on top. About 15 to 20 mins..
- Turn satued sweet potatoes mix back on low heat and add cooked meat saute untill hot. (About 6-8 mins).
- When potatoes are hot add bell peppers. Cover and let set off the heat..
- When the quiche is cooked remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 mins. Cut, plate and enjoy!.
You can also use frozen hash browns in this recipe. Tips for making this potato crust quiche recipe: Grate the potatoes roughly. You don't want super Used sweet potatoes instead of russets, and I think I'll use russets next time for a little more. Simple Paleo Sweet Potato, Broccoli, and Egg Breakfast Hash Recipe. Similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, a frittata is a combination of eggs and About a year ago my husband started cooking sweet potato and egg hash with veggies and sometimes.