Spicy Dum Aloo.
You can cook Spicy Dum Aloo using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Dum Aloo
- It's 12 of baby potatoes.
- Prepare As needed of Oil.
- You need 12 of whole cashew soaked for 30 mins.
- It's 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It's 2 of green cardamom.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 " of ginger chopped.
- It's 2 pods of garlic chopped.
- You need As needed of Green chilli chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- You need For Garnishing of Chopped coriander leaves.
Spicy Dum Aloo step by step
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil and boil the potatoes until tender. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool. Peel them once cool enough to handle. While to potatoes are cooking, puree the soaked cashews with a bit of water in a food processor to a thick paste..
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Fry the potatoes until lightly browned and crispy on all sides. Set aside on a paper towel to drain..
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan and allow it to heat on high. Once the oil simmers, reduce the heat to medium and add in the cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, and cloves. frying for just a few seconds until they release their aromas..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and green chilli to the spices and cook until translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook until soft. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Once cool, puree in a food processor or blender..
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in your pan over high heat. Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium and add in the cumin seeds. Fry until they begin to crackle and then add in the onion-tomato puree. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and it forms a thick paste..
- Add in the dry spices: chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, and a pinch of salt. Allow to cook for a minute, then stir through the cashew paste. Finally, add the water and bring to a boil. Poke the potatoes all over with a fork to allow the sauce to penetrate and add them to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the gravy has reached your desired consistency..
- Serve garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves..