Zucchini and Sweet Potato Latkes (Whole30). Latkes are a Chanukah tradition, typically made with white potatoes, white flour, onions and vegetable oil. I also use Japanese sweet potatoes instead of traditional potatoes because those are my absolute favorite. It adds just the right amount of flavor and helps crisp the latkes up and keeps the pan moist.
They were already the best in-laws ever. This hearty, potato-packed Zucchini & Sweet Potato Latkes recipe comes from I Breathe, I'm Hungry. Known for their versatility, high fiber, and antioxidants, it's one. You can cook Zucchini and Sweet Potato Latkes (Whole30) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini and Sweet Potato Latkes (Whole30)
- You need 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of shredded sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It's 1 tbsp of coconut flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It's 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Combine the zucchini, sweet potato, and egg in a bowl. In a small bowl, mix the flour and spices together. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until fully combined. Add sweet potatoes, zucchini and scallions; let drain, then squeeze out any liquid with your hands.
Zucchini and Sweet Potato Latkes (Whole30) instructions
- Combine the zucchini, sweet potato and egg in a medium bowl..
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour and spices together. Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until fully combined..
- Heat the ghee and olive oil in a medium nonstick pan. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and drop into the pan, pressing down with a fork until a 1/2 inch thick cake is formed. Cook on medium heat until golden and crisp, then flip carefully and cook the other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain..
- Season with an additional sprinkle of kosher salt. Serve hot..
In a large bowl, mix egg, cheese, flour, cilantro, chili powder and salt; add sweet potato mixture and stir to combine. Peel the zucchini and sweet potato, then grate them. I used a cheese grater thing. These latkes are lightly pan fried in a small amount of olive oil, made with sweet potatoes instead of white I've had trouble spiralizing sweet potatoes. They're so hard that they don't go through as easily as zucchini.