Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
You can have Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- It's 200 ml of whipping cream (30-40%).
- Prepare 200 ml of whole milk.
- It's 75 g of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of vanilla bean pod.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream step by step
- Add cream, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla beans/pod to a medium pot. Heat on low until sugar dissolves..
- Meanwhile beat egg yolks until creamy..
- Once sugar has dissolved, gradually mix in one third of the hot cream mixture into the beaten egg yolks. Add the egg yolk mixture back into the pot..
- Heat on low to medium-low heat, stirring often, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and leave a clean line when you run your finger though it. It should only take a couple of minutes..
- Turn off heat. Cover the pot and let the vanilla steep for 30 minutes in the custard..
- After 30 minutes, strain the custard through a fine sieve to remove any eggy clumps and the vanilla pods..
- Let the custard cool then put into the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight..
- Pour into a plastic container and put into the freezer. Mix up well every hour to help break up the ice crystals and keep it creamy. After 3-4 hours the ice cream should be still soft bu just hard enough to eat! Alternatively, use your ice cream maker to finish up the ice cream..
- If you have left overs and they freeze until they're very hard, then set out the ice cream for 20-30 minutes to soften up before serving..