Mince Pie. There's nothing quite like a homemade mince pie, served warm from the oven with a We've got plenty of mince pie recipes to choose from - Paul Hollywood bakes a big batch of. Christmas without mince pies is unimaginable. You can store your mincemeat in sterilised jars, or create some mince pies just like Mrs Crocombe.
Mincemeat pie, also called mince pie, has occupied a prominent place on Britain's holiday table for centuries and that tradition continues today. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of British origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called "mincemeat", that is traditionally served during the Christmas season in the English-speaking world. Mince pies should traditionally have a star on top, to represent the Christmas Star which some believe led the shepherds and Magi to the baby Jesus in Bethlehem. You can have Mince Pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mince Pie
- Prepare of Mincemeat:.
- You need 120 grams of Raisins.
- Prepare 120 grams of Sultanas.
- You need 100 grams of Currants.
- Prepare 50 grams of Dried cranberries.
- It's 50 grams of Butter.
- You need 120 grams of Soft light brown sugar.
- You need 1 of Apple.
- It's 1 of Lemon.
- Prepare 45 ml of Brandy.
- It's 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It's 1 of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 of Clove.
- You need of Pie Crust:.
- Prepare 225 grams of Cake flour.
- It's 15 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 100 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- It's 4 tbsp of Cold water.
- You need of Finishing Touches:.
- It's 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
- It's 1 of Powdered sugar.
Mince pies are synonymous with Christmas for a reason. Full of festive flavour and wonderful spices such as as cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, you get a taste of Christmas in every bite! Mince pie (or mincemeat pie, depending on where you're from) is an English pie made with mincemeat, which is a mixture of dried fruit, spices, spirits, and sometimes—but not always—beef. Homemade Mince Pie with Crumbly Topping.
Mince Pie instructions
- Finely chop the dried cranberries and apple..
- Melt the butter. Juice the lemon and grate the peel..
- Combine all of the mincemeat ingredients in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, powdered sugar, and butter diced into 2 cm cubes. Combine well until it becomes smooth and powdery..
- Add the egg and cold water to Step 4..
- Gather the dough in a ball and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour..
- Roll the dough 4mm thick. Cut out 7cm circles to use as the bottom crust for the pies, and cut out star shapes for the top crust..
- Line tart molds with the circular crust pieces and fill with the mincemeat. Cover with the star-shaped crust..
- Brush on an egg wash made of egg yolk and milk. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C..
- Once they cool, dust with powdered sugar to finish..
Tangy mince pies with a hint of orange in the pastry. Homemade Mince Pies are flakey pockets of fruity heaven. I serve mince pies at my Holiday party because they are so easy to eat and people who've never had them before, just love them. On the hunt for a mince pie recipe, so that you can Nothing beats a home-made mince pie at Christmas time, so these are some of our favourite recipes to get. Country Mince PieBon Appétit. pie crusts, bourbon, tart apples, mincemeat pie filling, whipped cream.