Pastichio Au Gratin. Although the Greeks did not invent pasta, they have been consuming similar foods since ancient times. Actually, some terms we usually associate with Italian food like lasagna. See great recipes for Pastichio Au Gratin, Savory Pastichio too!
Pastitsio (Greek: παστίτσιο, pastítsio), sometimes spelled pastichio, is a Greek baked pasta dish with ground meat and béchamel sauce with variations of the dish found in other countries of the. The Best Greek Pastitsio recipe (Pastichio)! An authentic Greek Lasagna recipe to recreate this traditional delight just like my grandma used to make it. You can cook Pastichio Au Gratin using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pastichio Au Gratin
- Prepare 1 package of Turbular Pasta medium size.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of Ham chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Baby Carrots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Peas.
- It's 1/2 cup of boiled Pasta water.
- It's 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Bechamel Sauce:.
- You need 4 cups of Milk.
- You need 5 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Cooking Butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- You need of Nutmeg (optional).
Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. Thinly sliced potatoes are combined with butter, cream and tons of cheese before being baked to a bubbly, golden perfection. Pastitsio is a type of Greek pasta dish prepared with a mix of lamb nad or beef then spiced with cloves and cinnamon cooked in tomatoes and red wine.
Pastichio Au Gratin step by step
- Boil Pasta for about 20 minutes…drain, but keep about 1/2 cup of the water to add into the Pasta mix, then set aside to cool for about 15 minutes. In the meantime start the Bechamel sauce by first adding in the Butter and then the Flour. While stirring add in the Milk Salt, Pepper, Egg, Nutmeg and stir continuously..
- By now the Pasta has cooled off, add in the ingredients along with a 1/2 cup of Pasta water that was set aside, and 1/2 of the Bechamel sauce and mix. Top Pasta with some Cinnamon, butter, and the rest of the Bechamel Sauce, Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool before cutting..
You can make a vegan potatoes au gratin with this dairy-free recipe. Enjoy a rich, creamy sauce made with nutritional yeast rather than cheese. Rich and Creamy Vegan Potatoes Au Gratin. Vegan Potatoes au Gratin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.