Beef Hand Pies. Recipe for savory hand pies filled with a spiced beef mixture and baked until golden brown. These buttery, flaky, beef-filled mini pies make a quick and impressive leftover dish. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start?
Looking for a unique and tasty appetizer? How To Make Beef And Potato Hand Pies/Cornish Pasties. Mix together the leftover roast beef and potatoes then pour over some leftover beef cooking juices. You can have Beef Hand Pies using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Hand Pies
- It's of Pie Shells--------------.
- It's 7 Bowl of Pie Shells and Tops see my recipe.
- It's of Filling---------------------.
- You need 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1/2 cup of cultured buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- It's 1/3 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of saffron flowers.
- Prepare Pinch of saffron threads.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 of small onion diced.
- It's 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare of Egg wash----------------------.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It's 1 teaspoon of water.
- It's of Topping---------------.
- It's As needed of kosher salt.
These meat pies are savory and delicious beef hand pies that are similar to empanadas. These are a delicious snack that also make for a quick yet hearty lunch. (sponsored by Beef. It's What's for Dinner.) Savory beef hand pies are a delicious and easy meal to make with your family! Patrick's Day, tuck the makings of traditional beef-and-potato stew into flaky hand pies you can bake straight from the freezer.
Beef Hand Pies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oil, rice, saffron flowers, saffron threads, and onions to a pan. Stir till oil coat everything..
- Add the ground sirloin and stir well. Cover and brown..
- Add the sugar and spices when browned. Stir well..
- Add the water stirring occasionally. Cover. Keep simmering. When you first add the water scrape the bottom of pan to get the flavors off the bottom..
- Set the bowls onto a parchment paper lined baking pan..
- When the rice is done stir in the tomato paste and taste adjust the flavors..
- Add the buttermilk this soured milk will be just right. If you don't have buttermilk, thin a little sour cream or plain yogurt with some water. Simmer and cover remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes undisturbed..
- Then fill the dough bowls..
- Take the tops and seal the bowls..
- Beat the egg with the teaspoon of water. I used my egg wash at room temperature..
- Cut three small slits into the top of each bowl..
- Brush the tops and sides of the bowls with egg wash. Sprinkle the tops with a wee bit of kosher salt..
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes till browned..
- Let cool you can eat these at room temperature, hot, or cold..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Cheesy Ground Beef Empanadas - This beef empanadas recipe has deliciously seasoned ground beef and cheese. And then I made these curried beef hand pies for the KitchenAid blog. There are wonderful flavors in these pies, with. How-to for cooking and baking savory Korean Beef Hand Pies. The beautiful textures and artistic close ups are sure to engage you.