Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream.
You can have Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream
- Prepare 300 grams of Fish (I used monkfish).
- It's 400 grams of Tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 small of Onions.
- You need of For the fish marinade:.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ☆ Vegetable oil (or olive oil).
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Curry powder (or fish masala).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆ Salt (rock salt, etc).
- It's 2 clove of ☆ Garlic (grated or mashed).
- Prepare 1 of knob ☆ Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 of from 1/2 a lemon ☆ Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Spices for the curry sauce:.
- You need 20 of seeds or 1/2 teaspoon powder * Coriander (seeds or powder).
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of * Fennel.
- You need 1/3 tsp of * Mustard seeds or whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of pods or 1/3 teaspoon powder * Cardamom (pods or powder).
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil (or olive oil).
- You need 5 of leaves Curry leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 100 ml of Plain yogurt or heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of around 20-30 nuts Peanuts or cashews.
Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream step by step
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces (a filet would be easy to use here). Mix the ☆ ingredients and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or overnight if possible..
- Here is the marinated fish. You can use cod or any type of fish you like..
- Crush the * spices for the curry sauce in a mortar. Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods. You can also crush the spices in a food processor (add a little water)..
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the cumin seeds and stir-fry. When the seeds start to pop, add the onions..
- When the onions have wilted, add the fish and stir-fry. I throw out the extra marinade, but you can use it if you don't mind the oil content..
- Add the canned tomatoes with the juice. Add the spices from Step 3, the bay leaf, and curry leaves. Simmer over medium or low heat..
- After it has simmered for around 20 minutes, add salt to taste. Add the yogurt, stir, and turn off the heat. I used soy milk cream in the curry shown..
- Top with finely chopped peanuts to finish. Serve with basmati rice. It goes well with Japanese rice, too..
- Try serving it with a cucumber and tomato salad with yogurt dressing. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154629-refreshing-lemon-yogurt-dressing.
- This is Indian fish masala. It's not spicy, so I add 2 tablespoons, but if you are also using curry powder, adjust the amount to your liking..
- If you're not adding yogurt or cream, reduce the amount of curry powder and pepper. The photo shows cream with 0% fat content (soy milk cream)..