EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup. Tastes just like the Panera broccoli cheddar soup and is so easy to make! Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. Soup is an essential winter meal and when it comes to picking our absolute.
This easy one-pot broccoli cheddar soup is so comforting during cold months. Simple ingredient list, and make it start to finish in under an hour. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. You can have EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup
- It's 1/3 cup of real butter.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion chopped fine.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced fine.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 3 cups of half and half or whole milk.
- It's 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of large broccoli crown cut into small florets.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (grate it off the block for better melting).
This Healthy Cheddar Broccoli Soup takes under thirty minutes to make and is easy to lighten up while still being full of flavor! One of my husband's favorite soups is Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Warm, gooey, cheesy, rich - there are a lot of things to love about Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This broccoli cheddar soup is easy to make, delicious, and comforting!
EASY 30 minute Broccoli cheddar soup step by step
- Put butter onion, broccoli, garlic and spices and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the flour forming a roux and whisk until golden brown..
- Reduce heat to medium low and slowly whisk in half and half and the chicken broth. Simmer 20 minutes uncovered then stir in the cheese. Pairs well with homemade rolls or garlic knots and a side salad..
Ok, so this broccoli cheese soup recipe is not one I got right the first time. I royally messed it up. too much liquid, too many carrots, and it didn't thicken at all. Soup is always a good meal in the winter and fall!! It's really good and even my kids like it. Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup-reminiscent of Panera Bread's broccoli cheddar soup this pressure cooker version has chopped broccoli, shredded carrots and celery simmered in a velvety smooth cheese sauce.