You can cook Gongura Pappu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gongura Pappu
- It's 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of gongura (sorrel) leaves, chopped.
- It's to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- It's 1 of onion, sliced.
- It's 1 of " ginger, sliced.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped (opt).
- It's 1-2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 2-3 of whole dry red chilies.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It's 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Gongura Pappu step by step
- Pick only the leaves. Wash well and drain..
- Pressure cook the lentils, greens, salt, turmeric powder, onion, green chilies, ginger and tomatoes for 5-6 whistles..
- Mash them slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with dry red chilies, mustard seeds & cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic, urad dal & curry leaves. Saute for some time and pour this tempering over the prepared dal..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain steamed rice..