Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin. Brussels Sprouts are one of our favorite veggies, in spite of the fact that they don't have the best reputation. We typically chalk up people's distaste for. Brussels sprouts are smothered and covered in bacon and cream, then baked to perfection.
We typically chalk up people's distaste for the green veggie to not knowing just how. These Brussels sprouts are roasted with bacon for half of their cooking time, then tossed in cream, covered in a bread crumb and Parmesan topping and baked One year ago: Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyère Two years ago: Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe Three years ago: Cheddar and Chiles Bread. This comforting Brussels sprouts gratin with a crispy, cheesy topping is a holiday favorite — and you can How to make brussels sprouts gratin. You can have Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- It's 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- You need 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- It's 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- It's 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Pecans and Maple Syrup. Includes bacon, brussels sprouts, butter, red pepper flakes, heavy cream, white cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, pepper, salt. Transfer brussels sprouts on baking sheet to baking dish. Pour cheese sauce evenly over brussels and toss until evenly coated.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
RELATED: Caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Kale With Crispy Capers. Check out more of our easiest Easter recipes. Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Bacon BreadcrumbsYummly. Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Maple Bacon DressingCrisco. Brussels Sprouts are baked in a creamy cheese sauce with bacon is a delicious vegetable side dish that will get the non-Brussels-eaters digging in at your holiday table.