3 pepper Tamale Pie. Most tamale pies consists of a flavorful ground beef base and cornbread topping. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper.
Home » Taco In A Pan. A recipe for Tamale Pie - flavorful meat and spices are topped with a layer of cornbread. While this tamale pie has very little to do with its south-of-the-border namesake, it's a really delicious recipe all the same. You can cook 3 pepper Tamale Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 3 pepper Tamale Pie
- You need 2 pounds of ground sirloin.
- It's 1 half of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of poblano peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of jalepeno chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can enchilada sauce (hot).
- You need 3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can mexicorn.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
This tamale pie recipe is so easy and delicious! With very little prep-work, you'll be ready for dinner in no time at all! There is no cutting veggies or waiting for onions and peppers to saute. All the ingredients are probably in your fridge or pantry right now, so you'll be ready for dinner and pleasing.
3 pepper Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350• F.
- Sauté onions with butter in high rimmed pan until translucent, then add poblanos and continue for about 3 minutes..
- Add beef 🥩 to pan and brown, stirring in salt, oregano, and chipotle powder..
- When browned, add enchilada sauce, reduce to medium/low heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Make one box of cornbread using 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk 🥛 grease a large glass baking dish and spread batter along the bottom..
- Drain corn 🌽 and layer atop corn bread, spread beef over corn..
- Make remaining 2 corn bread boxes using 2 eggs and 2/3 cups milk, add jalepeno and 1 cup cheese to this mix, spread atop beef..
- Bake at 350• for 40 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup cheese 🧀 on top, bake for another 10 minutes..
- DONESKIES! Take a snapshot & let us know if you did anything differently!.
I love my tamale pie topped with all the taco fixings…Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, cilantro, and lime juice. My Mom doesn't typically like Mexican because of the use of all the onions and peppers, but she loves tamales and loved this dinner so much! This Tamale Pie recipe with a cornbread crust is something even the novice cook can make. Tamale Pie is winter time comfort food at it's best. This warming cornmeal pie with peppers is filled with hearty beefy filling and topped with rich cheese.