Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house. And did you hear me when I said veg only?
Home » Recipes » Dinner » Vegetarian » Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with Mushrooms. There is nothing more comforting than a vegetarian shepherd's pie with a slightly crispy mashed potato topping and rich vegetable and gravy filling. This vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie is the perfect comfort food, even the pickiest eaters will love! You can have Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie
- It's 500 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of milk.
- It's 100 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- It's of For the filling.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of green peas cooked.
- It's 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- You need 100 g of mushrooms.
- It's to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- It's of Oil for frying.
It also has a vegan version. This mushroom shepherd's pie is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat. Traditional Shepherd's pie contains ground beef, which I considered swapping for walnuts, a combination of mushrooms and walnuts, or I could see this not only being a vegetarian-friendly Thanksgiving entree, but an easy weeknight meal for colder months ahead. So, what does it taste like?
Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie instructions
- Put all your ingredients together.peel,dice and wash the potatoes.boil them till ready.
- When ready drain the water and mash them with the egg yolk,milk,butter and cheese.season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- For the mushrooms so that they retain their crunchyness.sautee them in oil for 2 minutes.put them aside on a plate.
- For the filling. dice all your vegetables.fry the onion in oil till brown.
- Add all your vegetables and a tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes then add water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce.add water cook till the vegetable s are ready.
- To your casserole dish add the peas stew and arrange the mushrooms on top.
- Add the mash potatoes and press down and take a fork and make designs with it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve when ready.garnish with spring onion.
This dish is an absolutely must-try for all of you vegans/vegetarians who sometimes miss the taste of meat. Yes, this recipe takes a little longer to prepare but it is definitely worth it! Chop the mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. Add them into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed together. * I added the soy granules without boiling them because the mushrooms contain a lot of water and these soy granules will absorb all excess water. Vegetarian Mushroom Shepherd's Pie could be just the gluten free and dairy free recipe you've been looking for.