Healthy oatmeal cookies. We arrange delivery for local family owned businesses, and pass those savings on to you! In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. A perfectly dependable recipe, and I mean that in the nicest way!
Love that it uses whole wheat flour. For healthy oatmeal cookies banana edition, don't miss my Banana Oatmeal Cookies, this recipe's different but equally delicious cousin. This recipe for classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies gets a healthy boost with whole-wheat flour and uses less sugar and butter than traditional recipes. You can cook Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- It's 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It's 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 cup of honey.
- It's 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- It's 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
Don't hesitate to make a double batch--they're so satisfying they'll be gone fast. These healthy oatmeal cookies are a great example. I made the cookies for a New Year's Eve party. They were a big hit, but the recipe needed a bit more testing and the photos were in dire need of an upgrade.
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
These are easy to make! and healthy for you too (small amount of butter & sugar), but still so very sweet and wholesome. The cookies are chewy and go great with any other add-ins (raisins, cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.) Courtesy of FoodNetwork.com. Chicken Fried Pork Chops with Chunky Pear Chutney.. Filled with chocolate chunks and topped with sea salt flakes, these are oatmeal cookies all grown up. This recipe is a subtle version of apple crisp or oatmeal cookies.