Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao).
You can cook Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao)
- You need 1 Cup of Basmati rice soaked in water for 30 min.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Desi Ghee.
- It's as required of Some whole spices (2 bay leaves, 3 Blakeys cardamom, 4 to 5 green cardamom, Cinnamon stick 1 inch, 3 cloves).
- You need 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- It's 2 Tablespoon of Almonds soaked and sliced.
- You need 15-20 of Rasins.
- It's 15-20 of Cashew nut.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Pistachio nut sliced for garnishing.
- You need 10 -15 of Saffron strands soaked in 1 tablespoon water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao) instructions
- In a pan boil 4 - 5 cups of water, add 2 green cardamom and cloves and a pinch of salt.
- Once water starts boiling add rice to this. Cook rice till it is 80 to 85 present cooked.
- With the help of strainer remove the excess water. Now keep this rice aside for 20 to 30 min Now in a pan add desi ghee, once it is hot add all whole spices.
- Now add Almonds to this and roast it for a minute or two. Add cashew nut or raisins Let's add cooked rice to this. Toast it. Now add Saffron to it. Again toast it slowly so that the rice is not broken Now add sugar to this and cover it with lid. Leave the rice covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Open the lid, just slowly toss the rice. You can the see that the rice is nicely cooked. Again cover the rice and cook it for 2 minutes. Now close the gas and leave the rice in pan for 10 minutes with lid Serve it hot. Before serving garnish it with Pistachio.. enjoy.