The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion. Steven (Marion's husband) usually kindly calls for the stuff we have for Cats Protection cats so it was nice Marion is amazing! She nurses many abused or neglected cats and kittens back to health and some Yes, mincemeat pies. The best mince pies in Britain are Heston Blumental's mince tartlets!
Mince pies with homemade mincemeat and pastry. Add a grating of orange zest to your pastry for a unique flavour. Grease a bun tin or muffin tin, depending on how deep you like your mince pies. You can cook The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion
- You need 8 oz of SF Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Icing Sugar.
- You need 2 pinch of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 2 oz of Butter.
- It's 2 oz of Lard/Trex.
- It's 3 tbsp of Ice cold water.
- Prepare 2 can of Mincemeat.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brandy.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk beaten with two tsp of water.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Castor sugar.
Unwrap the pastry and roll out on a lightly floured work surface to the thickness of a one pound coin. Today a too oft overlooked Christmas table sidekick - a lowly Robin to the Christmas cake's showy limelight-stealing Batman. But the humble 'mincer' has a history more glorious and more life-enhancing than any lump of overblown fruitcake. Mince pies were always a festive pie and eaten around Christmas time.
The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion step by step
- Rub the flour, sugar, salt & both fats together in a large bowl. You can use a food processor if you prefer..
- Add the water in dribbles & bring the pastry together with a flat knife..
- With your hands, make the pastry into a ball and wrap it in cling film. Put it in the fridge for half an hour to chill. Set the oven to gas mark 5/190C/375F..
- Divide pastry into three quarters & a quater. Roll out the bigger piece of pastry & line a 12 hole bun tin (remember to grease & dust with icing sugar). Roll to the thickness of a coin..
- Put the mincemeat into a jar & stir in the brandy. Mix well, put half a tablespoon into each pie..
- Roll out the remaining pastry, to the same thickness. Mix the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Save the egg white..
- Brush the egg white round the edges of the pies and put on the pie lids, this will seal the pies..
- Brush the tops of the pies with the egg yolks & make a little slit in each one with a knife. Sprinkle eith Castor sugar & put in the oven..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, take out of the oven & transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar & enjoy!!!.
Other names for mince pies include 'mutton pie', 'shrid pie' and 'Christmas pie.' What has changed dramatically is the mince pie recipe, having begun as savoury pies filled with minced meat, suet, dried fruits, spices cloves and. Mince pies punctuate the whole festive season and are central to Christmas entertaining, lazy family afternoons, and makeshift dinners when In general, I find little to like about supermarket mince pies. Cheapness and accessibility are about all they have going for them. But this could be because I sat. 'Tis the season for mince pies and if you've ever found yourself in a situation wondering the right way to eat one, help is at hand. Other common mince pie misdemeanours include using a fork and serving the pie cold - apparently a definite no-no at festive shindigs.