Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal.
You can cook Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal
- You need 1 cup of mixed dal washed and soaked 30 minutes.
- You need 3.5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 of large tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of large bay leaf.
- It's 1-2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It's 2 of whole red chillies.
- You need 3 of chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rajwadi masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's Pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- You need 3 stalks of spring onions chopped.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of ghee.
Panchratna Dal/ Chevti Dal instructions
- In a pressure cook add 3.5 cups of water with soaked mix dal. Add 0.5 tbsp of turmeric, 1 tbsp pepper and 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste. Cook for 4 whistles..
- In a large wok, heat 3 tbsp ghee. Add mustard seeds and cumin. Let it crackle. Add cinnamon, whole red chillies and bay leaf. Add a pinch of asafoetida. Stir well..
- Now add chopped garlic, green chillies and sliced onion. Saute till onion turns golden..
- Add chopped tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes turn mushy. Add all the spices and cook for a minute..
- Add boiled dal and mix well. Add salt. Mix well. Let it boil for 4-5 mins. Adjust desired consistency by adding water..
- Turn off heat. Squeeze lemon mix well. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with hot chapati or rice..