You can cook Sheer Khurma using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sheer Khurma
- You need 2 tablespoons of ghee, 30 ml.
- You need 10-15 of cashews, broken.
- Prepare 10-12 of almonds, chopped.
- It's 10-12 of pistachios, chopped.
- Prepare 10-15 of golden raisins.
- Prepare 6-7 of large dates, chopped or use 10 small dates.
- You need 1 cup of broken vermicelli.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated mawa, optional.
- It's 1 liter of whole milk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sugar, or to taste.
- You need 1.5 teaspoon of rose water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
Sheer Khurma instructions
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped nuts, raisins and dates to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the nuts are fragrant and turn golden brown. The raisins will plump up. Remove the nuts from the pan and set them aside..
- Now to the same pan, add the seviyan (vermicelli) and mix well. Roast the seviyan for around 3 minutes until it starts becoming a light golden brown in colour..
- Now add the khoya/mawa and roast for another 1-2 minutes. This step is optional, you may skip it.Next add the milk to the pan and stir. Increase heat to medium high and let the milk come to a boil. Stir often in between so that vermicelli doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and let is boil for around 8 minutes.After 8 minutes, the milk will reduce and thicken slightly, at this point add in the sugar and mix..
- Transfer back the fried nuts into the pan and mix. Also add the rose water and mix..
- And also the cardamom powder.Cook for 2-3 more minutes on medium-low heat and then turn off the heat..
- Serve Sheer Khurma warm or chilled. I love it cold!.