Mile high chocolate cake. Line bottom of each pan with parchment paper round; butter parchment. Mile-High Chocolate Cake recipe: Try this Mile-High Chocolate Cake recipe, or contribute your own. Beat in vanilla and cocoa mixture.
A sky-high cake consisting of six luscious layers of moist chocolate cake, luxuriously light chocolate mousse, and a finale of rich chocolate ganache! What's more exciting than surprising your Valentine with a sparkly Tiffany ring or a shiny new Rolex watch? Nutritional Information, Diet Info and Calories in Mile High Chocolate Cake from Carrows. You can cook Mile high chocolate cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mile high chocolate cake
- Prepare 5 ounces of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- You need 2 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cups of sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring).
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- It's 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 4 of large eggs, at room temperature (30 minutes).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of sour cream.
- You need of For frosting:.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It's 6 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 4 ounces of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped.
- It's 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 sticks (1 1/2 pound) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It's of Equipment: 2 (8 by 2-inch) round cake pans.
Mile High Chocolate Cake - Picture of Capital City Chop House, Morrisville. Double stacked German chocolate cake, torted and filled with coconut, crushed pecans and sweet cream. Frosted with milk chocolate buttercream frosting and topped with coconut, crushed pecans and sweet cream. Four split layers of our rich chocolate cake, filled with a smooth milk chocolate mousse, finished in chocolate ganache and covered in dark chocolate To the ultimate chocolate lover - We've baked your dream cake!
Mile high chocolate cake step by step
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle. Butter cake pans, then line bottom of each with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment. Flour pans, knocking out excess. Melt chocolate with butter, then cool. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. At low speed, mix in melted chocolate until incorporated, then add flour mixture in 3 batches alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until each addition is just incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pans several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles..
- Bake until cakes pull away from sides of pans and a wooden pick inserted in center of each comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes..
- Cool in pans on a rack 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges of pans. Invert onto racks and discard parchment, then cool completely, about 1 hour..
- Make frosting and assemble cake: Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add milk and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture boils, and is smooth and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature, covering surface with parchment paper to prevent a skin from forming..
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy, then add cooled chocolate mixture a little at a time, beating until frosting is fluffy and spreadable..
- Cut each cake layer horizontally into 2 layers with a long serrated knife. Put 1 layer on a cake stand or large plate and spread top with 1 1/4 cups frosting. Repeat with 2 more layers, then add remaining layer and spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting..
- Cheat: if you wish: instead of making the frosting, use Duncan Hines Milk or Dark Chocolate Frosting. Enjoy!.
Our pick for Cake Of The Year is four split layers of rich chocolate cake, filled with. This chocolate cake recipe comes together so quickly, and is incredibly moist! I love to add espresso to my chocolate cake recipes!! It pairs so well with the cocoa powder, and really elevates the Sadly I haven't tested this recipe at high altitude! but King Arthur has a great article on adjustments that can. Enjoy decadent chocolate fudge between layers of rich, dark chocolate cake.