Healthy oats idli. Low Calorie Oats Idli Recipe - About Low Calorie Oats idli Recipe: Low on calories and healthy idlis made with oats and grated carrots. Ideal for those who are calorie conscious. Oats being rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins gives this dish a high nutritive value without compromising on the delicious taste.
We do love our fluffy and soft idli and is a staple breakfast on most weekdays. Rava Idli and this oats idli are a stand by when I do not have stock of idli dosa batter but prefer to eat idli. These oats idli are good if paired with a real good chutney or a tiffin sambar. You can have Healthy oats idli using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy oats idli
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ground oats.
- You need 1 cup of suji or semolina.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- It's 1 tbsp of chana daal.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped curru leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It's 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It's 1/2 cup of curd.
Not only protein, oats are also rich in fibre and a range of antioxidants, the superfood is vegan, heart-healthy and extremely effective for a weight-loss diet. You may have it in form of porridge, or have some fun with it and give it desi and delicious makeover with these amazing oats idli. A quick and instant recipe of idli made with oats. This recipe is similar to the way we make Rava idli. apart from oats, I have also used rava or cream of wheat in the batter.
Healthy oats idli step by step
- Take a pan and dry roast the oats.
- Once the oats are slightly cool grind them to a fine powder.
- Take A bowl add oats, suji, curd salt and make a thick batter using water. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Take a small laddle add coconut oil, chana dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and cook for 1 to 2 miNutes.
- Add this prepared tadka to the idli batter, add turmeric and mix well.
- Steam the idlis for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, (i decorated the plate using tomatoe ketchup u can use anything u want).
On occasions, I do add few veggies in the batter and at times I make the idlis without any veggies. Idlis are very common in Southern part of India. So there are many variations derived from normal idli. Oats Idli is one of them. This instant oats idli recipe is healthy and can be made using powdered oats.