Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani. What Makes This Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani So Great. Biryani recipes take forever, they involve multiple steps with confusing instructions that ask Keyword: Chicken Biryani, Instant Pot Chicken Biryani, Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani. Put all the whole garam masala spices and sauté for a minute.
It's quicker, full of flavour and the best meal to feast with your family. Biryani, a mix of rice and meat, spices galore cooked in layers of meat and rice. Recipe for pressure cooker chicken biryani made with the addition of coconut milk. You can have Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani using 44 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani
- It's of For 3 people :.
- Prepare 3 of large pieces of Chicken (150 to 200 grams each or whole leg piece preferably).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 3 of big onions for browning.
- It's 4 of green chillies (quantity may vary as per the hotness of green chillies).
- Prepare 8-10 strands of saffron.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried rose petals powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fried mint and coriander leaves mix.
- It's 3 tbsp of ghee.
- It's of For Rice:.
- It's 3 cups of basmati rice(soaked for 30 mins).
- It's 1/4 tsp of black cumin.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 1 of mace flower.
- Prepare 4 of green cardamom.
- It's 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 5 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mint and coriander leaves mix.
- Prepare of For Brine:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 4 tbsp of salt.
- You need of For marination (cooked):.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black cumin.
- It's 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It's 2 of medium sized bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of black cardamom.
- It's 1/2 of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of mace flower.
- You need 4 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 6-10 of black peppercorns.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- It's 2 1/2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste (ginger garlic ratio 1:2).
- It's 1/2 of chopped small sized tomato.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped coriander and mint leaves mixed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of biryani masala.
- It's 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- It's 3-4 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of oil.
Recipe with step by step pictures and video. Soaking the rice in water is one of the key steps in making biryani in pressure cooker. It helps in keeping the rice intact while cooking without becoming mushy. Easy Chicken Biryani made in a pressure cooker: when I posted the layered chicken biryani recipe, I had mentioned that Amma used to make this one pot, simple chicken biryani for me and often for my large groups of visiting friends during various stages of my college life.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani instructions
- Mix the ingredients for brine and pour apt amount of water just to submerge the chicken (do not add excess water else you will end up diluting the mix). Add the Chicken and leave it in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hrs..
- Cut down the 3 big onions into 1 mm thick slices and put down on a paper towel to soak in the excess moisture. Then heat oil for deep frying and fry the onions till they get brown in colour (do not cook the onions till they get dark brown else they loose their sweetness). Heat the milk and add saffron for later usage..
- For the marination mixture, heat the oil in a cooking pan. Put in whole spices for aroma. Once fried take them out and add onions and ginger garlic paste. Then add tomato, yogurt and other powdered spices. Cook for 5 minutes. Add green chillies and cool down the cooked mixture. Take out the chicken from brine solution, pat dry the chicken using paper or cloth towel and then use the cooled mixture as the second round marination. Leave the mix in refrigerator for around 6 hrs or even overnight..
- Grind yogurt, 1/4 cup brown onions, green chillies into a smooth paste and keep it aside..
- For making the perfect rice, boil double the amount of water as compared the quantity of rice. Add in whole spice before boiling. Once the water starts boiling, add in the soaked rice. Once the rice is half cooked, remove the rice immediately out of water..
- Take the chicken out from marination. Put some ghee in pressure cooker before layering. Place the marinated chicken in pressure cooker in a way that it covers almost the whole base. Then apply a layer of the yogurt brown onion mix on it..
- After that put the rice layer on the chicken (The rice should not be left outside for long between straining and layering so as to get a juicy moist biryani). Then layer brown onions, fried coriander and mint mix, dried rose petals and saffron milk on the rice. Cover them with a thin layer of rice and apply the pressure cooker lid. Ensure there is at least 3 cm gap between the lid and top layer of rice..
- Put down a thick flat utensil to heat up on the smaller side of gas stove. Once heated up, place the pressure cooker on it and lower down the stove to it's minimum possible flame. Remove the whistle of pressure cooker and allow it on the same position for 1.5 hours. Please do not be impatient and disturb the set up when you smell the aroma before 1.5 hours..
- Once done switch off the gas stove, remove the flat utensil from below the pressure cooker and allow the pressure cooker to sit on the stove to cool down for 15 minutes. Take the lid out and serve the biryani with salan or raita as per preference..
- Do comment your reviews after trying out the recipe..
Once cooked, open the pressure cooker and fluff it with a fork. You can squeeze some lemon juice at this point and mix well. I let the pressure vent naturally instead of venting the pressure cooker immediately. Learn how to cook Chicken Biryani in Pressure Cooker-Kerala Style Pressure Chicken Biryani. When you don't have the time to make dum biryani and you have to have biryani on a weekday.