30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry. Mutton gravy is a recipe which we all crave to eat with rice. Mutton gravy recipe can be made in various ways but here I have not used onions and First Class Railway Mutton Curry(yoghurt reqd) Tried once, made too much for one meal and not enough for a second so added some potato for the. Easy and tasty way of making mutton curry in North Indian restaurant style.
This easy Indian mutton curry will soon become your But sometimes the mutton curry cravings too strong to avoid and I dislike restaurant stuff so I've tried. If you have been to any Indian restaurant or any Indian's home you have probably tried some version of this dish. Sometimes simply called Chicken curry, this dish is basic in it's use of whole spices and ingredients to bring out the complex flavors of a curry. You can cook 30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry
- You need 1 kg of Mutton.
- It's 1 Tsp of Whole Peppercorns.
- Prepare 3 Cup of Red Onions, chopped.
- It's 3 of Green chilli, slit lengthwise.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaf.
- You need 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Ginger, grated.
- It's 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic, grated.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato, diced.
- You need 1 of Potato, diced.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It's of To Roast Spices:.
- It's 5 Tsp of Red Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Prepare 4 Tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Fennel powder.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 1/2 Tsp of Pepper powder.
- You need of For Tadka/Seasoning:.
- It's 3 of Shallot, finely sliced.
- You need 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- It's 1/8 Tsp of Roasted Fenugreek powder(Uluva podi).
- It's to Taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Coconut oil.
It's not your Chicken Tikka Masala…or butter. DHABA Style Mutton Curry-Panjabi Mutton Curry-Mutton Curry in Mustard Oil. North Indian. (Punjabi Mutton Curry, North Indian Highway Mutton Curry, Desi Dhaba Mutton). Dhabas are not new to us as we all must have gone to one.
30-minute Restaurant Style North Indian Mutton Curry step by step
- In a pressure cooker, heat coconut oil and add the black peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds. Add green chilli, curry leaves, red onion, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic, and sauté until the onion turn golden brown. Add tomatoes, potatoes, mutton, vinegar, and salt. Cover the pressure cooker and cook until 6 whistles on medium low..
- While the mutton is cooking, take a small cast iron skillet and add all the ingredients under the ‘Dry Roast Spices’ and sauté until the spices give out an aroma but be careful not to burn it. Once the pressure in the cooker dies down, open the lid and add the roasted spices to the cooked mutton..
- Add water to bring the curry to desired consistency and season with salt if necessary. Bring the curry to a boil. Meanwhile for the tadka/seasoning, take a skillet and add some coconut oil, shallots and curry leaves and saute until the shallots and golden brown. Add fenugreek (uluva) powder and saute it for a few seconds. Add this to the mutton curry and give it a stir. Enjoy with Rice or Roti and Raita..
These days dhabas are used to describe any restaurant serving North Indian food. A Food blog for daily cooking which has both south Indian recipes,North Indian recipes & simple baking recipes with step wise pictures. Indian restaurant style curry is all about prep and technique. You may screw up the first couple times. As long as you don't burn the spices, your screw After cooking the spices for about thirty seconds, add the tomato paste water mix and turn up the heat.