Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels.
You can cook Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels
- You need 300 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 60 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- It's 1 tsp of Instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 200 ml of Lukewarm water (about 30℃).
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of Raw cane sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
Chewy Whole Wheat Bagels step by step
- Dissolve the sugar in lukewarm water. Combine the bread flour and wheat flour in a bowl. Place the dry yeast on one side of the bowl and salt on the other..
- Pour the lukewarm water directly over dry yeast and mix with your fingers until everything is well combined. Knead the dough for about 15 minutes until the surface becomes smooth. (If you're adding extra ingredients like nuts and raisins, add them a little before you're finished kneading, and knead together until they are fully incorporated.).
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place (about 1 to 1.5 hours). Once the dough doubles in size, let out the gas and divide into 5 pieces..
- Shape divided portions into a doughnut shape with a large hole, and place a plastic wrap on top to prevent them from drying out. Bring water to a boil in a pot, add raw cane sugar (not listed) and prep for kettle boiling. Preheat the oven to 200℃..
- Kettle boil the bagels for about 30 seconds on each side (don't let the water boil excessively). Place the bagels on a baking pan (leave some space among them) and bake for about 15 minutes..
- Fig and Walnut Bagels I added 5 pieces of fried fig (chopped) and 20 g of roasted walnuts (chopped) to this basic whole wheat bagel recipe. The sweetness of fig and the flavor of walnut go perfectly well together!.
- Sesame Bagels: I mixed in 2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds into the basic whole wheat bagel dough..