South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils.
You can cook South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils
- It's 2 cups of snake goard, peeled and chopped small.
- You need 1/4 cup of chana dal, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It's 1 of chopped tomato (optional).
- It's 2 of green chillies.
- It's 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 pinches of asafoetida.
- It's 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need For of grinding:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of whole black pepper.
- It's 2 of dry red chillies.
- It's 1 sprig of curry leaves.
South Indian Style- Snake Gourd with Lentils instructions
- In a pan heat up 2 tbsp coconut oil, add mustard seeds when it splutter add asafoetida, chopped ginger, onion, green and curry leaves..
- Add chopped tomato..
- Fry just for a few minutes, soaked and drained chana dal. Cover and simmer..
- When dal is half cooked add turmeric powder and chopped snake gourds along with the salt. Cook on medium heat with the lid on..
- Grind the ingredients given for grinding into a fine paste..
- When snake gourd is cooked add the coconut-spice paste, mix well..
- Cook for another few minutes. Switch off the flame, drizzle remaining coconut oil on top..
- Ready to serve.