Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls. Turn out a batch of citrusy potato cinnamon rolls and then get back to me. The process is simple and extremely satisfying. Start by boiling and mashing up a pound of yellow spuds.
Wake up your family to the enticing aroma of citrusy Orange-Cinnamon Rolls baking in the oven. Shape and bake the rolls: Once the dough has chilled and is easier to handle, transfer it to a floured work surface. Brush the entire surface with the melted butter. You can have Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls
- It's of Dough.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cups of all purpose flour plus 3 tablespoons.
- You need 1/4 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of rapid rise yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It's 2 of beaten eggs - room temperature.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange zest.
- You need 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Prepare of Icing.
- You need 4 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Place a cinnamon roll in each orange cup. Set upright in a medium cast iron skillet and cover the pan loosely with foil. Remove the foil and spread the icing over the hot cinnamon rolls. These make-ahead rolls swap the usual cinnamon filling for a citrusy fig paste.
Citrusy Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- Mix 3 tablespoons of flour with 1/2 cup of water. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it forms a thick paste. Set aside..
- In a saucepan add milk and butter. Let warm until butter melts. Remove from heat and let mixture cool..
- Whisk together remaining flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, flour paste, and cooled milk/butter mixture to the mixture of dry ingredients until a ball of dough is formed. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes or until smooth. Add flour to the surface if the dough is too sticky..
- Spray mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough ball in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise until doubled in size, or for about an hour..
- Filling - Stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and butter.
- Place risen dough onto floured surface and roll into a rectangle. Spread filling evenly to the edges of the dough. Roll dough into a log and cut into 12 2-inch pieces. Place rolls in a 13x9 greased baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let rolls rise until they are puffy (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 375F. Uncover rolls and bake until golden (25-30 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes..
- Icing - Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and lemon zest. Slowly stir in powdered sugar..
- Generously spread icing onto warm rolls. Serve warm and ENJOY!.
Just like the center of Fig Newton cookies, they're full of deliciously crunchy seeds. These make-ahead rolls swap the usual cinnamon filling for a citrusy fig paste. Just like the center of Fig Newton cookies, they're full of deliciously crunchy seeds. Serve these sticky-sweet, citrusy rolls at your next ladies' brunch along with a traditional quiche and bowl of fruit—don't forget the mimosas. Or save the orange rolls for a lazy weekend breakfast with the family.