Classic Carbonara recipe.
You can cook Classic Carbonara recipe using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Carbonara recipe
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 50 grams of pancetta(or you may use bacon if you like).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 300 grams of Spaghetti.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 150 grams of grated Peggorino(if you can't find this kind of cheese,feel free to use mozarella or swiss).
- It's 1 liter of water for boiling.
Classic Carbonara recipe step by step
- Bring the water to boil then add about a teaspoon of salt to it. After it starts to make really big bubbles,add your spaghetti..
- After your spaghetti is ready,drain them. But DO NOT throw away the water,because you need to make the carbonara sauce with it..
- Pour the olive oil in a pan and fry the Pancetta until it becomes translucent. Then add your pasta and stir for 2-4 minutes..
- Take 1/2 a cup of the water where your pasta has boiled and add it to the pancetta&spaghetti. Stir slowly for another 2-5 minutes. If your the spaghetti looks dry, add more water..
- Season with salt and pepper as you prefer. Add 100 grams of the grated Peggorino..
- Remove from heat and add the eggs. Stir until the eggs are scrambled..
- Serve it with the remaining Peggorino on top..