Cinnamon buns. This easy cinnamon bun recipe puts a lot of the cinnamon sugar on the top, rather than hidden away inside. The Swedes know how to live - their cinnamon buns are a prime example. The BEST cinnamon rolls in the WORLD.
Cinnamon roll (also cinnamon bun, cinnamon swirl, cinnamon Danish and cinnamon snail) is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe (mainly in Scandinavia) and North America. Cinnamon Buns so moreish the recipe for these Cinnamon Buns may be worth doubling or even tripling! Swedish Cinnamon Buns (Kanelbullar) with Brontë Aurell. You can cook Cinnamon buns using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon buns
- You need 3 1/2 cups of maida.
- It's 1 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 90 gms of granular sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of curd+1 pinch baking soda.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped orange peels/zest.
- Prepare of For the cinnamon sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 11/2 tbsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need of For the cream cheese frosting.
- You need 125 gms of cream cheese.
- Prepare 50gms of salted butter.
- It's 300 gms of icing sugar.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It's 1/2 cup of whipped cream.
How to make Swedish Cinnamon Buns! Cinnamon buns, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon roll bites …. these are a few of my favorite things. A few of my favorite things that I rarely ever make, because I know all too well what happens when they're in. Soft, buttery, cinnamon sugar-laced buns, enhanced with the flavor and texture of sourdough.
Cinnamon buns instructions
- Warm the milk & add yeast to it & let it rest for 5-8 minutes..
- Take maida in a big bowl or plate, then add curd +1 pinch baking soda, finely chopped orange peels, salt, melted butter & granular sugar..
- Now add the activated yeast mix to this & bring the mixture together into a dough ball..
- Transfer the dough on a kitchen counter & knead it well for 12-15 minutes or until smooth..
- Now transfer the dough into an oiled container, cover it with cling wrap & let it rest for 2-3 hours in a warm place or until double in size..
- Once the dough proofs, punch down the excess air after 2-3 hours & bring the dough onto a clean kitchen counter..
- Roll the dough into a rectangle shape keep the thickness around 1cm..
- Now sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the rolled out dough evenly and then carefully roll it into a log..
- Now cut the log into equal pieces using a thread or a sharp knife & place the rolls in a baking tray lined with parchment paper..
- Cover the rolls & again let them rest for another hour or till they double in size..
- Now preheat the oven to 200°c, brush the rolls with some milk & bake them in a preheated oven over 200°c for 20-25 minutes or until you get a golden top..
- Once baked remove the rolls from the tin & place them on wire rack, immediately spread the cream cheese frosting over them & serve..
- For the cream cheese frosting take cream cheese & butter in a mixing bowl, beat it using an electric beater until light & fluffy, then slowly add icing sugar in 2 batches and lemon zest. Beat the frosting for another 2-5 minutes till everything is combined well & the frosting turns light & fluffy. Lastl6 fold in whipped cream & refrigerate the frosting for 2 hours before use..
There are few things that could enhance the flavor and texture of a cinnamon bun, but sourdough is one of. Classic cinnamon buns are gooey, sweet and a real treat. But they require a fair amount of time investment. We learned a great tip for moist, chewy buns, from the. This traditional Swedish kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) recipe is made with a perfectly soft and chewy cardamom dough, a buttery cinnamon-sugar filling, and twisted into cute little knots.