Beef Stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce.
Count Stroganoff's chef (who was likely French), created the dish and named it. Learn how to cook Classic Beef Stroganoff, with tender strips of beef and mushrooms, in an incredible creamy sauce. Our easy and authentic Stroganoff (or Stroganov) is a simple and comforting Russian dish consisting of sauteed pieces of. You can have Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips.
- It's 3 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of (10 1/2 oz) condensed beef bouillon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 pints of chopped mushrooms.
- You need 1 lb of egg noodles.
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal. Why should beef stroganoff come from a box.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Dredge steak strips with flour; reserve remaining flour.
- Brown strips in melted butter in 12-inch skillet.
- Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Remove meat and onion from skillet.
- Blend reserved flour into pan drippings in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in beef bouillon and worcestershire..
- Stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- Stir in salt, mustard, tomato paste.
- Blend in sour cream.
- Add mushrooms, cook for about 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Add meat.
- Cool quickly.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Beef stroganoff is the ultimate cold weather dinner. The Best Kind Of Beef To Use For Stroganoff. Many stroganoff recipes call for tougher cuts of meats to be braised and simmered. Easy Beef Stroganoff cooked in one pan! Made with browned ground beef and caramelized mushrooms.