Cinnamon Rolls (Great Grandma's Recipe).
You can cook Cinnamon Rolls (Great Grandma's Recipe) using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls (Great Grandma's Recipe)
- It's of (2) Cups Milk.
- You need of (3/4) Cup honey.
- Prepare of (2) Eggs.
- You need of (1) Tsp salt.
- You need of (7-8) Cups flour.
- Prepare of (2 1/2) Tsp yeast.
- It's of (3) Stick's butter, room temperature. (To be separated).
- Prepare of (1/4) Cup warm water (120-130 degrees Fahrenheit).
- It's of (1) Tsp sugar.
- It's of (2 1/2) Cups powdered sugar.
- Prepare of (2) Tsp vanilla extract.
- It's of (1/2) Cup butter.
- It's of (2 1/2) Tbsp milk.
- It's of (1/2) Cup cinnamon.
- It's of (1 1/2) Cup sugar.
- Prepare of (1) Cup raisens.
Cinnamon Rolls (Great Grandma's Recipe) step by step
- In a medium pan add the 2 cups of milk. Heat just until it reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn heat off. Add 1/2 stick butter and the honey. Mix well. Check temperature making sure it is at or below 130 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is, add the 2 eggs (The point here is not to be so hot that it cooks the eggs but warm enough to desolve the butter and honey). Mix well. Set aside for a minute..
- In a large bowl add 3 cups of flour and 2 Tsp Salt. Set aside..
- In a small bowl add 1/4 cup 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit water, the yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well. Let froth 5 minutes..
- Add the milk mixture to the bowl of flour. Add the yeast mixture on top of that. Beat with paddle attachment for 3 minutes. Replace paddle with dough hook. While it is kneading add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Very important not to use to much flour. You want the dough ball a tad moist, not to dry. When you have dough the right consistency continue kneading on medium speed for 10 minutes..
- Grease a large baking pan with butter and set aside..
- Grease a large bowl with butter. Remove dough ball from mixer to a floured surface. Knead into a nice ball. Grease hands with butter, and throughly grease the dough ball. Set inside large greased bowl. Wash hands, cover dough with plastic wrap..
- Let rise 1 hour. Until doubled..
- Remove dough to a floured surface and knead 5 or so minutes. Form back into a ball. Grease well with butter. Replace back into large bowl. Wash hands and cover dough with plastic wrap..
- Let rise again until doubled. About 40 minutes..
- Place on floured surface. Knead a few times. With a rolling pin, flatten and shape into a nice rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Spread 1 stick of the softened butter over the whole top..
- Mix 1 1/2 Cups sugar, the 3/4 cup cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the buttered dough. Add the raisens evenly over that..
- Roll dough toward you evenly until it is a nice long tube. Now either measure or guess like I do and slice roll into 12 even circles. You don't want the large pan over filled so use ur judgement cutting the rolls to size. l usually have leftover dough,which I use later..
- Place the 12 rolls side by side in the greased pan. With a brush spread a stick of the softened butter over the tops of the rolls. Over that spread evenly the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled. About 30 minutes..
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Remove plastic wrap. Place rolls in oven. Bake 40 minutes..
- Place a clean cloth over a cutting board. (I do this for ease of clean up.).
- When done remove pan of rolls from oven. Turn pan upside down on to clothed board. Remove pan leaving rolls. And being careful not to burn urself. I've done that more than once..
- Let cool 30 minutes..
- Mix the powdered sugar, 2 Tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup butter and the 2 1/2 Tbsp milk in mixer with wire whip attachment..
- Spoon/spread over the cooled rolls,top and sides. Enjoy!.