Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao). Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao) August brings the opportunity of growing closer and letting go off all inhibitions. With Eid and Rakhi around the corner, the. zarda recipe, meethe chawal, zarda rice, zarda pulao, sweet rice with step by step photo/video. north indian rice made with basmati rice, saffron and sugar. cook until the rice is cooked completely. and do not overcook as rice turns mushy. finally, serve meethe chawal / zarda pulao hot garnished with few. Zarda Pulao- sweet and rich rice preparation loaded with dry fruits,sugar and ghee.
Meethe Chawal or Zarda Pulao is a very popular sweet rice served on many festive occasions in North India or during Iftar in Ramzan or Ramadan. One dish that I am very very fond of is Meethe Chawal or Zarda Pulao. This sweet saffron-flavoured rice peppered with dry fruits is so easy to make and so. You can have Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao)
- It's 1 Cup of Basmati rice soaked in water for 30 min.
- It's 2 Tablespoon of Desi Ghee.
- Prepare as required of Some whole spices (2 bay leaves, 3 Blakeys cardamom, 4 to 5 green cardamom, Cinnamon stick 1 inch, 3 cloves).
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Almonds soaked and sliced.
- It's 15-20 of Rasins.
- It's 15-20 of Cashew nut.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Pistachio nut sliced for garnishing.
- You need 10 -15 of Saffron strands soaked in 1 tablespoon water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Meethe chawal is a traditional sweet of North India that is prepared during festivities and other ceremonial events. Learn how to make zarda pulao by watc. This sweet is also called zarda pulao and is prepared during Eid, whereas Jains make the meethe chawal for Paryushan. Meethe Chawal or Zarda is an aromatic and sweet saffron rice pulao.
Mithe Chawal (Zarda Pulao) step by step
- In a pan boil 4 - 5 cups of water, add 2 green cardamom and cloves and a pinch of salt.
- Once water starts boiling add rice to this. Cook rice till it is 80 to 85 present cooked.
- With the help of strainer remove the excess water. Now keep this rice aside for 20 to 30 min Now in a pan add desi ghee, once it is hot add all whole spices.
- Now add Almonds to this and roast it for a minute or two. Add cashew nut or raisins Let's add cooked rice to this. Toast it. Now add Saffron to it. Again toast it slowly so that the rice is not broken Now add sugar to this and cover it with lid. Leave the rice covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Open the lid, just slowly toss the rice. You can the see that the rice is nicely cooked. Again cover the rice and cook it for 2 minutes. Now close the gas and leave the rice in pan for 10 minutes with lid Serve it hot. Before serving garnish it with Pistachio.. enjoy.
It is considered one of the most auspicious dishes to celebrate festivals such as Allow the zarda to cool down completely before storing. Microwave Method: The best way to re-heat meethe chawal is. Meethe Chawal Zarda Urdu Recipe, Step by step instructions of the recipe in Urdu and English, easy ingredients, calories, preparation time, serving and videos in Urdu cooking. The recipie is listed in Pakistani Sweet Dishes. Find thousands of Urdu recipes online.