Aam Dal (Raw Mango Lentil Curry - Bengali Style). Aam dal is a traditional Bengali recipe, which is enjoyed by people throughout the summer season but it is the obvious dish on the day of "Chaitra Sankranti". Kacche Aam Ki Dal is a very simple dal recipe but delicious. The tanginess of raw mangoes gives a delicious flavor to dal.
This dal is perfect with phulka or roti as well. Bengali Kancha Aam er Chatni or Raw Mango Chutney is summer special condiment. This Chutney is perfect balance of sweetness spicy and bit Chutney means condiments to rest of the world but to a Bengali it is Chatni. You can have Aam Dal (Raw Mango Lentil Curry - Bengali Style) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aam Dal (Raw Mango Lentil Curry - Bengali Style)
- It's 1/2 cup of masoor dal (red lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- It's 1/2 of small raw mango, cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It's 1-2 of whole dry red chilies.
- It's to taste of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
And Bengali chatni has to be sweet, bit sour; sometimes with a hint of hot spices. Dal is the most usual part of Indian Meal. Bengali meal is also not out of this. Bengali Style Moong aka Muger Dal Recipe.
Aam Dal (Raw Mango Lentil Curry - Bengali Style) step by step
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles. When cool, blend well with salt and turmeric powder..
- Heat oil and temper with red chilies and mustard seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the chopped mango pieces and saute till light brown..
- Add the boiled dal and simmer on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Add more water if you want a soup like consistency. Serve hot with steamed rice accompanied by fried potatoes strips..
Kancha Aam Dal Or Bengali Raw Mango Lentil Soup. The tangyness of raw mangoes gives a delicious flavor to the lentils. Indian I Dhal I daal I Recipe I food I Photography I Styling I Easy I simple I best I quick I Perfect I Traditional i mango I recipe I. Aam Daal - Bengali Daal with Raw Mango. Mango drumstick dal - lentil made using arhar dal (pigeon pea lentils), raw mangoes and drumsticks. the mango dal goes very well with basmati rice.