Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
They're super nutritious and make a great snack or even. Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter and coconut sugar. Whereas traditional recipes usually call for a full stick (or more. You can cook Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- You need 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- It's 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there's some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a treat. Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. Oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies made a whole lot healthier with no flour, no butter, very little sugar, and healthy fats such as coconut oil and dark chocolate.
Healthy oatmeal cookies step by step
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
These healthy oatmeal cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar or oil, but are packed with fiber! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack! These healthy oatmeal cookies feature bananas, sunflower seeds, raisins, and coconut. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Energy BallsBeaming Baker. Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast CookiesFamily Fresh Meals.