Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream. In this episode i will make Salmon fish curry with tomato sauce. This recipe is very simple to make and taste is very yummy. My family like this recipe so.
If you like a very flavorful curry this is the one for you! Use a sustainable white fish like pollack in this southern Indian-style coconut and tomato curry with fresh coriander, from BBC Good Food. Add the coconut milk and chopped. You can have Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream
- You need 300 grams of Fish (I used monkfish).
- Prepare 400 grams of Tinned tomatoes.
- You need 2 small of Onions.
- You need of For the fish marinade:.
- It's 3 tbsp of ☆ Vegetable oil (or olive oil).
- It's 2 tbsp of ☆ Curry powder (or fish masala).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆ Salt (rock salt, etc).
- It's 2 clove of ☆ Garlic (grated or mashed).
- Prepare 1 of knob ☆ Grated ginger.
- It's 1 of from 1/2 a lemon ☆ Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Spices for the curry sauce:.
- You need 20 of seeds or 1/2 teaspoon powder * Coriander (seeds or powder).
- It's 1/3 tsp of * Fennel.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of * Mustard seeds or whole black peppercorns.
- You need 4 of pods or 1/3 teaspoon powder * Cardamom (pods or powder).
- It's 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It's 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil (or olive oil).
- It's 5 of leaves Curry leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 100 ml of Plain yogurt or heavy cream.
- You need 1 of around 20-30 nuts Peanuts or cashews.
Make a puree of tomatoes, cloves, ginger, garlic, chilies and coriander leaves in a mixer grinder. A modern take on Indian-style fish and chips, this one-pot curry is spicy, saucy and every bit as tasty as its namesake. Add pureed tomato and green chillies, and pour in water and tamarind juice. Easy recipe for south indian style salmon fish curry.
Indian-style Fish Curry With Tomatoes & Cream step by step
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces (a filet would be easy to use here). Mix the ☆ ingredients and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or overnight if possible..
- Here is the marinated fish. You can use cod or any type of fish you like..
- Crush the * spices for the curry sauce in a mortar. Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods. You can also crush the spices in a food processor (add a little water)..
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the cumin seeds and stir-fry. When the seeds start to pop, add the onions..
- When the onions have wilted, add the fish and stir-fry. I throw out the extra marinade, but you can use it if you don't mind the oil content..
- Add the canned tomatoes with the juice. Add the spices from Step 3, the bay leaf, and curry leaves. Simmer over medium or low heat..
- After it has simmered for around 20 minutes, add salt to taste. Add the yogurt, stir, and turn off the heat. I used soy milk cream in the curry shown..
- Top with finely chopped peanuts to finish. Serve with basmati rice. It goes well with Japanese rice, too..
- Try serving it with a cucumber and tomato salad with yogurt dressing. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/154629-refreshing-lemon-yogurt-dressing.
- This is Indian fish masala. It's not spicy, so I add 2 tablespoons, but if you are also using curry powder, adjust the amount to your liking..
- If you're not adding yogurt or cream, reduce the amount of curry powder and pepper. The photo shows cream with 0% fat content (soy milk cream)..
Here is a simple fish curry that I have repeated twice this week and we love it. Here is how to do an easy and quick salmon fish curry. Add in two teaspoon of tamarind paste. Indian curries at my favorite restaurants have always been difficult to enjoy on Weight Watchers because of the heavy use of cream in recipes. The tamarind in our gravy-based Indian fish curry recipe gives it a delicious, tangy flavor that goes well with hot steamed basmati rice.