You can cook Cinnamon Rolls using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- Prepare of Dough:.
- You need 1 cup of warm milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of salted butter, softened.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need of Filling:.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Glaze:.
- You need 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1-1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- In a stand mixer combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and egg. Add in flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on low speed..
- Once flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to medium. Add more flour if necessary so that dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. The dough mixture should be tacky, but not stick to your hands. It should be soft..
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about an hour..
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12 x 18 rectangle..
- Brush the dough with 1/2 cup melted butter. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the melted butter. Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. Use sharp knife to cut dough into 12 one inch slices..
- Place the slices onto a lightly greased 9 x 13. Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake the rolls about 23 minutes, until just kissed with brown on top..
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze by using a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve drizzle like consistency. Frost rolls while warm..