Sourdough Discard Pancakes. Browse For Yummy & Hassle-Free Pancake Recipes From Kraft®. Discard recipes are a great way to use up that discard instead of throwing it away! Discard can have a varying degree of flavor to it depending on the sourness of your sourdough starter.
The recipe can be made with freshly-proofed sourdough starter in place of the sourdough discard. If you don't want to do overnight fermentation, you can just mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and leave it out. We love these quick and easy sourdough pancakes using leftover starter. You can have Sourdough Discard Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Discard Pancakes
- Prepare 2 c of sourdough discard.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's Pinch of salt.
- You need Splash of milk or water.
Inspired by Perfect Loaf, these can be made vegan and are super light and fluffy! If you've ever made a sourdough starter before, I think you'll agree with me when I say coming up with what to do with the extra sourdough starter discard is often on the forefront of your mind. Making sourdough pancakes with discard is so easy, so delicious, and such a great way to put any extra starter you have leftover during the week to use! The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you.
Sourdough Discard Pancakes instructions
- Whisk eggs and sugar until combined..
- Add starter and the rest of the ingredients. (except milk/water) Mix well..
- If the batter is too thick add a splash of milk or water until you get a "pancake" consistency..
- Ladle ¼ c portions into hot greased skillet and cook on med low about 2-3 mins on each side. A small gravy ladle is usually the perfect size for this..
See my full disclosure policy here. These pancakes are easy to make and a perfect way to use up that discard sourdough starter! For another breakfast favorite, try my French Toast recipe. Pancakes mean lazy Saturday mornings and family breakfast time. But, these Sourdough Pancakes don't just have to be made on the weekends.