You can cook Matcha Cookies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matcha Cookies
- It's 15 grams of plus Matcha (or green tea leaves).
- You need 110 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 40 grams of Margarine (or butter).
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk (large or 30 g of a whole egg).
- You need 10 grams of Condensed milk (optional).
- Prepare 10 grams of Chocolate (optional).
Matcha Cookies step by step
- Prepare a cup of whisked matcha. You can make it from tea leaves too. See recipe below: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146794-diy-matcha-tea-powder-from-tea-leaves.
- Combine the margarine (brought to room temperature), sugar, beaten egg and condensed milk in that order, mixing well between additions..
- Sift the cake flour into the batter and fold it in with a spatula. When it's crumbly, break the chocolate and mix in. Bring the dough together with your hands..
- If the dough won't come together, add a little milk. If the dough is too soft, add a bit of flour to adjust..
- Cover in plastic wrap and form into a log. Freeze for at least 30 minutes, or until it becomes easy to slice..
- Slice the dough into 5 mm thick slices. Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for about 15 minutes. Adjust the baking time to your oven..
- The cookies are done when they are very lightly browned. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool down. I used two pieces of strawberry white chocolate in the dough this time..
- You can freeze the leftover egg white by double-wrapping it (make sure that no air bubbles get trapped inside). You can make a meringue with frozen egg whites quickly and it turns out quite shiny too..