Raw Kale Pesto (Whole30). Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet with tongs; keep water boiling. This delicious, healthy kale pesto recipe can be served on pasta, sandwiches, etc. Easy kale pesto will knock your socks off!
Literally, if it's a food and can be paired with pesto then I'm using this stuff! Kale pesto is one of my favorite things to keep on hand for easy meals throughout the week. When I don't have basil for my pesto, kale is a great alternative since it's so healthy and green. You can cook Raw Kale Pesto (Whole30) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raw Kale Pesto (Whole30)
- It's of Noodle Bowl.
- It's 4 of zucchini.
- It's 1 cup of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pine nuts (topping).
- Prepare of Pesto.
- It's 1 bunch of kale (de-stem).
- You need 2 of avocados.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic cloves.
- It's 1/2 cup of Pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need of Optional.
- It's 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (raw cashews or parmesan can substitute).
I put spoonfuls of it on so many things. It makes otherwise-boring meals seem instantly fancy. Kale Pesto: To make the simple vegan kale pesto, place the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until somewhat smooth, or desired consistency. Zucchini Strips: Start by cutting of the ends of the zucchini, and slicing or peeling the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
Raw Kale Pesto (Whole30) instructions
- Peel the zucchini into noodles (a spirializer may be helpful here)..
- Set aside noodles in colander to drain (Sometimes we blanch the noodles)..
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and set aside..
- Peel the garlic. De-stem the kale. De-skin the two avocados. Measure out the half cup of pine nuts..
- With the food processor running, one at a time, drop in the 3-4 cloves of garlic..
- Add the avocado, half cup of the pine nuts, and the lemon juice (and the yeast/parmesan). Pulse until blended..
- Now add the kale slowly until well incorporated, adding the olive oil incrementally. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Toss the zucchini noodles, the tomatoes, and the extra pine nuts with the pesto (or try blanched and sliced almonds). ...And serve..
Kale is full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it something of a superfood. Since I grow at least two kinds of kale every winter, I am constantly looking for new and different ways to prepare these greens, and I know a lot of people with CSA boxes who have the same dilemma. Great to make ahead of time and the leftovers save well! Luckily, this pesto is forgiving and tastes great whether you use spinach, kale, or really any leafy green you can think of along with the. Mixed with the earthy flavors of kale, it gave the pesto a lot more depth.